CSMS has reached out to Anthem (click here to read the letter/email that was sent) and they have told us that all terminated physicians and providers have appeal rights for the termination, which are outlined in the letter. CSMS is very concerned regarding this action and we will be focusing in on the cause and possible remedy to help our the impacted physicians.
- CSMS has developed a tool to help guide you through the appeal process - click here to access
- CSMS has created a guide to help you communicate the termination to your patients - click here to access
- CSMS staff is looking at the legal and regulatory remedies
- CSMS has reached out to other anthem states to determine if this is a national issue
- CSMS is encouraging physicians to appeal if they believe they were inappropriately terminated from the network.
More to come on this and we are engaging our lobbying team and grass roots efforts. Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns – we are here to help! Contact us today: MKatz@csms.org or LGakos@csms.org.